
There is nothing new in Oliver Stone's story of the George W. Bush and his 8 years as President of the United States. But what Stone does is put a frame around the whole mess and hang it on the wall for us to consider. Bush Jr. will be regarded, without a doubt, as the worst President the United States has ever produced. Stone reveals Bush Jr. as an impulsive, irresponsible testoterone-case who strutts his way through life to mask his insecurity. His silver-spoon arrogance and access to privlege makes it difficult for him to learn from his errors. Above all, he just didn't work very hard at being President. He seemed to prefer watching football to reading briefing notes. In fact he put more effort into becoming President than he did to being President. His legacy, 2 wars and a historic economic mess that threatens the whole world.
Something I realized as I watched the movie last night. In real life, you really never see Barbara and George Bush with their son. Old George and Barbara may not want to hang with Jr. that much -- you know what I mean?
